17 July 2008

Love those holidays

The boys were fascinated but a little creeped out by the Egyptian mummies, lucky they did not see the unbandaged ones under this display case
The boys being very dorky outside the Adelaide uni, this was the same face Paddy pulled in almost every photo.
Adelaide is known as the city of churches and this is just one of them, St Peter's, I think it was Anglican.
The Kiss, I actually was told off bythe security guard at the art gallery for taking this, apparently I missed the huge no photographs sign, the boys thought it was hysterical

One of around two hundred plus shots of giraffes, and that's after deleting some, how could you not love them and their beautiful eyelashesA lion cub
A tired rhino, the guide had just finished telling us how they can be dangerous and charge when the old fella plonked himself down for a rest.
Daddy lions. I love viewing the animals without small cages around them, we were able to drive the bus right past these two big boys, they had a large area to rome about.

We're back from a week exploring the city and loved every minute of it.
Every trip to Adelaide we have had has been a rushed trip for a work function for either Bren or I or sport related so we have never really had time to simply enjoy the city but this time we made up for it and could have easily spent another week there. We did the Monarto zoo(a large free range zoo just before Adelaide) the museum twice, the art gallery, aquatics centre, Marion , the movies, city strolling and people watching as well as just relaxing in our lovely apartment. we stayed at the sunset view apartments at West beach if anyone needs great accommodation in Adelaide. The owners were lovely the apartment really comfortable and for $130 per night for the six of us quite reasonable. we find it hard to get accommodation in a world were a family is considered to be 2 adults 2 kids, to me a family is however many children you have, whether it be one or 18 ( and yes I do know a family of 18, no twins,lol) It was a 15 minute drive into the hub of the city but we were right on the beach and able to enjoy the wonderful sound of the roaring ocean to settle us off to sleep. I could probably go on all night about how lovely the week was but Joseph and I have a dvd to watch so now I'm going to relax a little.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers to a family holiday INDEED!
Great pics...
Glad you are back though.
And thanks for telling me what a big smoke was. Silly Texan that I am.
hugs,
em

Unknown said...

Look's like you all had a great time Susy....Love the photo's, yes you naughty girl even I know you are NOT to take photo's in the art gallery! Love that place! More photo's please.
Love Don
Xx

Anonymous said...

I was a bit annoyed when I saw that sign but at least I SAW it! mind you, you would'nt have got that photo otherwise ;) Glad you had a great holiday, I think Adelaide is a great city to sightsee in...hey, my eldest, Tristan, works at Monarto now, don't know if he's visited the zoo yet though.